Sunday, May 15, 2005

Gods and coffee grinds

Well, I am off to Greece for a week with my dad and step-mom. Greece- a land full of mythology and ancient sites, its coffee full of grinds. You're fine as long as you don't drink it to the last drop! It'll be a great little adventure starting with a bus trip from Athens to a little coastal town, 2 days climbing Mt. Olympus (see if I find Zeus!), then 2 or 3 days around Meteora, which is an area filled with monasteries built on top of rock formations. Gotta get up early to catch the flight to Athens with a short layover in Rome, then I will go to the bus terminal to find Dad and Mo.
On Thursday I took the train back to Barcelona, then on Friday went into the office for meetings and catching up with what was going on. I kind of dreaded going in, but in the end I was glad to spend a day with my office mates! It makes the day so much brighter! Then the weekend was spend doing errands, visiting friends and watching the Barça soccer match- Barça became national champs for the first time in 6 years- we all went down to Pl Catalunya to see all the people celebrating. Everyone was dancing and singing "Madrid se quema, se quema Madrid!!" and later on I guess people started knocking over trash containers and burning them, the usual... Anyway, must go pack, so I will give you all an update when I get back.

No comments: