Monday, May 09, 2005

First 3 weeks part II

Gosh, now I can't really remember what happened the second week... oh yeah, on Monday I walked into class and Valerie told me to go upstairs, that she'd changed to the next level up! That was a nice surprise, the previous week I guess I'd been a bit bored, but probably needed the practice. Patricia the new teacher is great and class is challenging, so at least I am making more of my time here. She also gives more homework, which I am happy to do. I want to learn learn learn. Friday was S's and Inés last day, so he was asked to sing Inés a song. Then Friday night was dinner at V's with other students and teachers. I had to bring dessert so on my mom's suggestion decided to bring chocolate-covered strawberries. You would think it's the easiest dessert to make in the world, since it has exactly 2 ingredients: chocolate and strawberries, yet somehow it was not easy. the chocolate didn't melt right and was chunky, so the strawberries were very ugly. I was embarrassed to bring them to a French person's house since they are so into food and eating. I told everyone that it was the inner beauty that counted. After a lot of laughs and joking, every single ugly strawberry was eaten up. Afterwards we ended up going to the park and talking and laughing as a way of sending Spencer off to London. Saturday was Inés' going away party and I think I must have spent Sunday sleeping all day. The life of a student is exhausting!

No comments: